Friday, March 8, 2013

Until Next Time: Majora's Mask part 30

   I'd like to thank everyone for reading my series on Majora's Mask.  For all who don't know, it started as a statement of how much I loved the game somewhere around December 21st of last year.  Over time, the more I looked at it and the more I started playing it, the more patterns emerged from what I knew to be themes and symbols as far as storytelling and literature went.  So from there I asked, what if there is more to games than just playing them?  Sure, the game should still be a game, but why settle just there? If I have any regrets, it is that most of what I've said outside of summarizing the story is limited to my own theories and the theories of others who have approached the game in a similar manner.  I can't claim I was the first to suggest Termina was a dream or that the land is divided by the five stages of grief (though I'd like to think I was the first to put to writing the significance of the Moon Tears and the nature of the conflict between Skull Kid and Link), but now I can claim that I've written 30 pages on the matter.

   I'm going to take a break from writing hear for a little while.  If anything I'll drop a post here or there, but my hope is to give the site a new look so I can get a fresh start on the new series.  Perhaps I'll give a hint or two as to what I have in mind for the next series.  I can't say it will be more Legend of Zelda, though perhaps another time I'll take a look into it.  I will also begin writing for a website put together by a friend of mine, and I will link you to it when the time comes for it to go on the web.

   Finally, I'd like to thank Shigeru Miyamoto for creating this franchise and congratulate its success for 25 years and counting.  I thank the production team for putting this game together and the production team of Ocarina of Time since this game would not exist without the sequel that brought Zelda and her legend into the third dimension.  I thank Sailor Moon for sparing us her wrath and not dropping the lunar body upon our world that we may live to read and write another day, and I turn it over to JonTron to finish my thoughts:


No comments:

Post a Comment