Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pixels n' other Pixels

     Hello once again one and all.  It is time for me to discuss a number of things that are all sorta loosely related to this blog but not necessarily to each other.  I hope everyone has been having a good hiatus since the Majora's Mask series ended.  You may notice that the title up there has been altered to be a little more appealing to the themes discussed right down here.  My brother designed the title above so kudos to him.

     I'd like to announce that I will be writing as a columnist for a website some friends of mine will be starting soon called Culture Mass.  When that's up you can go to culturemass.com to check that out.  There's no link there right now because it hasn't started yet, but when it does I'll give you the means to check that out.  I will be writing a series on silent protagonists' role in video game storytelling (seems fitting because I just finished Majora's Mask).  That will go up once a week.  Feel free to check that out and the other articles which cover any number of pop culture fields.  I think it will be pretty sick, and I think you will appreciate it too.

   I will also be taking the time to devote a separate page to the Majora's Mask series.  Soon, you will be able to read each post from beginning to end without ceasing as each page links directly into the next.  In this manner you can relive all those great moments.  You like to translate Mayan chanting? There's a post for that.  You want to relive my description of the Witch King of Angmar being an eskimo? Also time for that.  Aliens? Sure, why not.  My challenge to Justin Bieber? My Brendan Fraser joke? The actual serious posts like the first three days, the comparison of Skull Kid and Link, and the one about masks?  You can read all that and much, much more.

   Now, if you're wondering what the next Pixels Project will be about.  I will give you a list of ten possible game franchises that I will do next.  There's a good chance I will end up doing many of these later, but for now only one will be the next series.  The list goes as follows:

Metroid (especially Other M)
Pokemon (1st and/or 5th generation)
Castlevania
Banjo-Kazooie
Call of Duty Modern Warfare (it's more likely than you think)
Resident Evil
Metal Gear
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy (but only a couple of them)
Shin Megami Tensei Persona (as much as I love these, don't get your hopes up this time)

     I think that's all I need to say for now.  I will narrow down the list in the next post to a single franchise, and then in the post after that I'll narrow it down to a single title.  I'm gonna be honest and say I'm taking a different approach to this one than I did Majora's Mask, but I think it will all work out to a similar effect.

    If anything else, tell your friends about this, tell your family about this, tell your not-friends about this.  If you frequent forums and those fellow forumers may find this to be appealing, you could tell them.  If you play D&D with friends, those friends might appreciate it.  If you want to reddit it, that's up to you as well.  Really, so long as it doesn't violate the law, feel free to spread the word however you see fit or just be that hipster who wants to be the only person who knows about this blog.  That would be an incredibly bold claim, but I can't stop you from saying it.

   Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment